the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Friday, January 28, 2011

Hospital Leave for 20 days.

Egg Retrieval was done on 19 Jan. It was much earlier than i'd expected. Had total of 14 follicles but only manage to have 5 embryos. 3 in freezer and 2 returned to my uterus. On 3rd day after ER, I had the 2 embryos transfered on the 21 Jan.
On Egg Transfer day, kevin was allowed to observe the procedure. He sat beside me. There were 2 monitors- one which showed the embryos (magnified) with my name and nric written on the dish, coming from the embryologist's lab. And, another monitor - the ultrascan which showed images of my bladder /uterus, to helped with the implantation of the embryo into my uterus by the reproductive endocrinologist, my consultant.
The procedure took less than 15mins, rested for a short while for 10mins, and that was it!
2 embbies are now in my uterus... please please get sticky to my uterus!
Got 20 days of hospitalisation leave till my pregnancy test on 7 feb!
In between this 2 weeks wait, gave myself the pregnyl jabs ( progesterone for luteal support) every 3-4 days as ordered.
A week have passed, another week to go. It was sure the longest 2 week wait ever.


No comments: