the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Bullied by a 7-yr old

It was like hell in ward X6. Can't wait to end this posting. Though they can be cute and adorable and pitiful.. i don't know how to care for the children in the peadiatrics medical ward. They are as young in theire weeks old to up to 16yrs old.

In my ward cubicle, only one little 7yr old boy whom i couldn't handle.. he bullied me.. took my hand , pulled me here and there.. turned me around and twisted my hand ..so very hard. It's like he doesn't know what pain is all about! I wanted to scream and scold him on the spot..all i did was smile and try talk nicely to him cos there were parents and caregivers all over the ward! I can't stand him.. i hope he will be discharge anytime this week, best still, today.. i hate this kid! I would rather work in a childcare than in here. It's helllll for the rest of my 10 day in this ward! Now i appreciate Tan Tock Seng Hospital!

There's this 2-yr old boy- with big big eyes.. he is the best! Easy kid, smart and independent.. unfortunately, i heard from other caregivers that, his parents were never or seldom seen in the ward. Young parents i guess. So sad.. why is it that it is always the case.. i hope his parents can see that they have a wonderful baby boy and to appreciate what they've got.

He's admitted for asthma. I was not familiar on how to adminster his medication.. he took the inhaler and spacer from my hands, and with his gestures, he demonstrated on how to use it. He caught the attention of the other student nurses around me.. and we were amazed! Among other things, he can feed himself, play by himself, sleep when told to do so.. and seemed to understand whatever we're saying to him. "Gimme this kid.. i take"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Les Blogs 2.0 Programme - who would you pick?
Over at Loic's blog he has announced some of the speakers, including myself, at the European Blog conference, Les Blogs 2.0. Curiously, he has used our photos to entice would-be participants to pay up for the ...
This is a nice blog. Keep it going. Don't miss visiting this site - Online degree Education Administrator Take a look, if you have a minute. Online degree Education Administrator.

krunner said...

Who is this anonymous spreading spam ? CT, maybe you want to consider disallowing anonymous comments for a while.
A group of runners will be meeting up at Pastamania again this year; Malaysian and Singaporeans. Some of the items are non-Halal but some are OK.

ViXen said...

Have been noticing the spam thingy but have not take any action yet cos, i don't know how to. Will tell Kev, my administor :)

Insya'allah.. me and kev will come .. but when? Saturday ,ke?

Tekko said...

Pick up your blog from sgrunners.

It takes a special calling to be a nurse. Handling kids requires a special skill which u will eventually master. Be patient.

PS: to remove spam, go to blogger settings and choose verification for comments. That should help.

krunner said...

CT,
The carbo loading is at Pasta Mania, Ground Floor Funan IT Mall. Their website is www.pastamania.com.sg. Time is 6.00 pm although many only showed up 1/2 to 1 hr late as last year's dinner. I will give you my H/P number by e-mail, pls contact me at rohaiz@pop.jaring.my. About 20 runners is expected to show up.