the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Sunday, March 06, 2005

KLIM - Half Marathon

My very first half marathon and it was just for fun. My official time clocked at
02:54:05 -offical time
02:53:47 -net time
01:11:43 at 10km

For results, click here!

Almost wanted to give up at 7km as I felt that I won't be able to make it. But at that moment, I was somewhere running on a highway. But then again, I had only two ringgit with me after I gave my 10ringgit to The Lonely Runner early that morning. So I kept on running.

Didn't do much training and preparation for this run. My aim was to finish in 3hrs, that all. Not even thinking of getting the medal for completing within the qualifying time, which I didn't even bother to find out, in the first place. Overall, I am very happy with my 10km, clocking at that timing. The last time I ran 10km (Mizuno WaveRun) , I took one and a half hour to complete.

The only thing I like about this event is that I have Kevin and friends cheering for me at the finishing line. Two things I hate were 1) the official attire, an oversized 'ah pek' like singlet and 2)there were no mobile toilets for ladies at the refreshments points.

I have to get an early rest now. Tomorrow back to normal, stress....struggling with loadz of assignments and preparing for this Thursday's bioscience test.

pictures... kiv

1 comment:

aqriz said...

Wow! Impressive. Congrats, and you lost some weight too..my, my..wat else can CT do? :->