the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Monday, August 20, 2007

i do not have my mobile in my pockets while at work, so the first thing i do whenever i go for my break is to reach for my mobile to check for messages.

this morning i rec'd 2 smses, one said sorry to hear abt my pt's passing on.. and the second was "my dear,how's the tension at work ? tell me later when u're free " it almost made me cry.. quietly and quickly left the ward, for my break at the kopitiam instead of ta-pau-ing it up. spend some quiet time at the corner with my music and new paper. really need a break from the ward. not that i hate the pple i am working with today. it's just that i don't like the way they talk to me. i know that i might have done something wrong or they just don't like the way i am.. i don;t know..
we can always talk nicely.. there's no need to shout and throw things, showing temper in front of patients. at times, i felt that i was being bullied..no respect, and i felt very "small" , i felt there's generation gap among us (majority 10yrs my jr).. but it's alright. i shall stay calm and not fight back.. something which i don't do in public. and it's not my style. sometimes, keeping quiet would do some good. And so, i did just that this morning at work. Kept to myself most of time, talk when necessary ..

(they actually looked for me.. during my break. wondering where i've been... )

i did not reply to the sms till we met later in the evening, and by then, i totally forgotten all about the tension i had with the pple around me. never in past working experience, had anyone shouted at me. totally shocked.
the sms did mean a lot to me at that moment. though i do confide with my other colleagues.. but i can't show them how depressed i was. their words did hurt a little but i can't cry. i felt disappointed and angry at the same time too. told myself that i must be strong. i had to.

i felt better knowing he cares, .. and it's all because of him that i am able to be strong and face the challenges (but mostly, shit) .. emotionally and mentally. i am not alone.

Finally, i finished with that incident report, submitted and now jus have to wait for pple up there to discuss and feedback. surely kena marked liao.

then after work, decided to go break free .. went to PartyWorld at Yishun Safra, happy hours with Marichelle.

then kev came.

went to watch Bourne Ultimatum.
RAte: 4/5 ( would have been 5/5, but i slept during some exciting parts)

last friday, watched Rush Hour 3.
RAte: 4/5 (didn't sleep, funny but not so exciting, same kind of fighting.. but the jokes, best!)

But the best movie so far i've watched this mth, was FlashPoint. Rate: 5/5 ( never blink eyes .. mouth open big big.. handsome actors.. fighting, best!)

No comments: