the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Sunday, November 21, 2004

10km Mizuno WaveRun

I never thought i can complete the run. Told myself to finish in 1 1/2 hr. And I did it. My dear 15yr old nephew, Luqman, finished at 1hr and our LonelyRunner,Sukaimi at his best of 43mins.




Woah! After all that worrying i might end up last in the race..running all by myself along the quiet and dusty Old Tampines Road.. But it was not too bad.. I may be the last few ones but I thanked God that i reached this far. My first try running 10km.And doing it without Kevin. I enjoyed it. Thanks to Kevin, who picked and saved great songs in my N6230, and it kept me going. At one point, I was happily singing Twisted Sister's "I Am (I'm Me)". Call me crazy..

I would have completed at a better time if Kevin is around. Yeah..he will give me some stress but some stress is good.People refer it as "positive stress". His presence will somehow push me to strive. But, too bad, he has to work. So, today i didn't run much .. it's more like a jog-walk kind of. And yes.. u can say that the older runners are much better than me (but I'm better than the younger ones running along side with me, heheheh) But i'm happy! Very happy with what i have accomplished. Whoopi!

After 5km, I started to walk. Walk , jog, walk jog.. but i walked fast like in the Big Walk. By that time, my nephew was so way ahead of me and Sukaimi already finished. The weather was kind but I got my cap on. Apart from the songs i hear in my ears, there was other kind of noise in my head! Some of them were:
" aiyah... forgotten to apply sunblock!"
" Am I going to be the last one?"
"Cialat lah.. I'm worst than that aunty infront of me!"
"Wa liau.. how to finish like this if walk all the way!!"
"Kevin will laugh at me, if he sees me walking!"
" Alamak, that lady cut me.. oh no.. must be ahead of her.."
" Where's the water pont?!"
" Should i give up, i got my ezlink with me.."
" But i want the cert... must remember to look good. Take off the cap!"

Ahhh .. struggling to finish the 10km Mizuno WaveRun!!! Must show Kevin that I can do this! I felt great when I was approaching Hougang and the best part was turning into Kovan LRT. Ran all the way to the finishing line.. got photographers along the roadside towards the end. I took off my cap.. big smile and showed peace sign, yeah! "Making sure i look good on camera.. must finish in style....!" At that moment, I was thinking of Kevin. Flashbacks of those times we jogged around our neighbourhood, preparing for this race..., his pep talk.... ahh... "how I wish you're there to see me end this thing".

Oh well.. saw my brother at the finishing line and he called out to me " I thought u can't make it! Wondering where are U?" I screamed at him" ahhahhhh, ..told u i would finish in 1 1/2hrs! I was jumping for joy! He took a video of me!

Overall, it was a great feeling.The best!

My nephew is happy with his time of 1hr. He had set his target to complete in 50mins. Well done, Nephew! Let's do this again, shall we?

To you,LonelyRunner.. glad to see u there! POWER!








5 comments:

veola said...

alright baby! I'm so proud of you! Next, half-marathon. Next next, Marathon, then triathlon relay, then triathlon, then Ironman relay, then Ironman, then... u r super!

Fd said...

ish ishk.. die lah like that.... (if me!) ehhehehe

The Lonely Runner said...

Congratulation Sis! Well DONE!!! WOoohooo!

Sukaimi

ViXen said...

Sukaimi: Thank you :)

Kevin: I thought I'm your super woman already!

ViXen said...

FD : kita dah jadi dead meat alr...