the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Monday, November 01, 2004

Testing my new toy.

It didn't feel like it was Sunday yesterday. Kevin has to work and I am all by myself, not knowing what to do,besides housework and sitting in front of the PC, and of cos' meddling with my new toy. Wonder what other women do at home when their hubbies are out especially on Sunday: watch tv whole day, cook , sew, knit, karaoke, blogging, chatting?

So, I went to WOS @ Wisma to sign up for the Mizuno Wave Run. The start and finish point will be at Kovan Hub, running route covers from Serangoon Rd to the stretch of Tampines Rd up to Old Tampines and u-turn running back to Hougang and the finishing point ~ 10km. The WOS staff wished me good luck. Thanks, I really need that.

Along the way, at Takashimaya, there was this great challenge to win the Subaru car by placing one hand on the car for as long as they can. I was thinking.. I should be taking part in this as I have lots of free time, don't need to apply for leave.. no work, no stress.. sure can tahan one! But it's too late! Next year, Next year!

Morning was hot but heavy rain in the afternoon. The weather had been like this for the past weeks, which i kind of like, especially during the fasting month. Yesterday's weather was just great after the rain. With my new gadget wired to my ears, listening to Alannah Myles, went for a jog at 1820hrs. Same route.Saw the same people running. Each time I passed-by any one of them running opposite my direction, and many times I give them, a smile and a thumbs' up but sadly, none of them smiled back. Hmmm.. maybe they are warned not to be friendly with strangers.Or maybe, they thought I'm crazy. But we are regulars, I see no harm returning a smile to me.

Anyway, reached my block area abt 1845hrs,dropped by at one of the provision shop to get a nice drink, Gatorade, to break my fast with.

As for running with my new toy, it was so much convienient. It was so much lighter and slimmer to hold. Answering the calls is easy too. No fuss at all.




1 comment:

Jamie Pang said...

keep smiling and waving to them runers. very soon they'll respond. the klcc gang do that and over time people will be friendlier. it's one way of us runners changing the world!! good luck with the mizuno run!