the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Big Walk 2005

Half hearted to go for this year's Big Walk because I had to walk alone. Kevin not going as he had to finish up with his assignments. Stayed up , on and off, to keep him company thoughout the night. Woke up at 6.15am and found him on the living room floor with his notes on his chest, sleeping. He must have fallen asleep while reading. Didn't want to wake him up, so I went back to bed, thinking whether to go for the Big Walk or not, alone? Took a while for me to decide... i didn't want to go back to sleep, but he's sleeping.. so i guessed he would be awake by noon.. or most likely i'd be home and he would still be sleeping.. ok set! I quickly got ready and went for it. Left at 645am, kevin woke up to shift to the bedroom, said goodbye and off i went...

Flag off at 7.30am. Arrived late at 7.50am. Weather was so hot and i did not apply sun block. Now I'm dark not tanned. I can never get tanned, I get dark .. brown not red and it's going to stay that way for a very long time. Shouldn't have worn my Solomon shoe. It kept slipping off. Saw the first few competitive walkers racing opposite the road. They walked like as if they were jogging.. low impact, with style.. gelek here and gelek there ..amazing! Must learn. But funny seh..


Ok,lah.. enjoyed the walk eventhough I did it alone this time round.. Every year, Kev and me, never failed to go.. we walked for fun one.. cut in somewhere half way.. cos we were always late. Past years, met some old friends, so I hoped today I would bump onto someone i know.. but don't have leh.. oh well, kinda get used to doing things alone these days.



Anyway, I finished at 9.20am.

Collected the goodie bag. The band entertainment was better than last year's but the games play last year was much better, i feel. Waited for the lucky draw.. then home. Like boring like that!

No comments: