the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Happy Lunar New Year!


This afternoon Kevin's family came over for reunion dinner. This year, we had it much earlier at 4pm because both Kevin's sisters had to leave early to have another reunion dinner with their in-laws, their 1st reunion dinner. Afraid that I may not have enough time to prepare and tidy up the house, I skipped the last lecture at noon.

On my way home, I sms-ed Chinese New Year greetings which was in Chinese..to my chinese friends.. here were some replies i got :)

Elliote: "Thanx!Happy new year 2 u too! Wah,ur chinese improve leaps+bounds,can read so many characters already:) Happy cooking!"

Joanne(ST): "wa.. you can read chinese ar.. thanks for the greetings anyway!happy holidays to you too!"

Irene(ST- my ex-EO):"tk u 4 the greetings. By the way,so many words u understand or not!"
CT replied: Haha... what u think! tdy skipped lecture to cook 4 the reunion late lunch..la..
Irene: Not a good student but definately a good wife who can cook though the food may not b nice hor...



As usual, I cooked for the family, which I really enjoy doing so. But this year's dinner was very simple, no "lo hei". I prepared Watercres Chicken soup, Steamed fish in Tom Yam Sauce, Stir-fried Veg with beef, more veg and buttered prawn with garlic. So how was it? Nice?... hmmmm I really don't know la, but my brother-in-law took second serving of my soup.. and said that he wants to attach his wife to me for OTJ- cooking lesson. Told her my secret recipe.. instant!.. hahaha not a secret anymore...

Normally, on chinese new year's eve, we will stay up till after midnight.. got meaning one, but not sure what was it.. but usually it has got to do with good luck or something like that. But as of right now, at this time, my sayang is sound asleep... he must be very tired...

Wishing all chinese friends a Happy Lunar New Year and to the rest..enjoy the 2-days break!

2 comments:

ViXen said...

shiken.. i knew it! she sure look for me one! *sigh* u all didn't tell her that i had to leave for a reason ah.. i told J to tell her.. so that she will not call my name in the lecture hall. No wander.. J smsed me that she did mentioned something like " some pple celebrate cny early, then she smiled" Wah lau.. sure is refering to me! Cialat.. cialat..

aqriz said...

Vixen, staying up past midnight, so parents will have long life :-)

Wow I would like the steamed fish too!