the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Run and swim..

Next Sunday, 20 Feb is the NUS Biathlon 2005 & Kevin will be participating. He will be swimming and the big boy, running. Swim 800m & run 5km.

This morning, we went to Sentosa together with TLR and FD.
TLR timed Kevin's swimming before he began running from Tanjong to Siloso and back. Running is not a problem for TLR, definately.. but it's Kevin's first time taking part in this sort of event, especially having to swim in sea water.. eeeuuu .. salty,and Kevin just started to brush up his swimming skill. But I think, he's alright la... he can do it. After today's 800m trial, hmmm very good leh..


It's not easy to swim in the open water with no line to guide u to swim straight. Looking at him swimming at Tanjong beach.. like heart pain like that...swim alone. If running, at least you can have someone next to you, can talk or listen to MP3.. but swimming.. wah cialat.. cannot have friend next to you.,,if have also, cannot talk, and no music!! If it's me~ swimming, I think I'll drown of loneliness.

On that day, be prepared for the crowd of swimmers splashing all over the place.. sure will kena kick one! I will be there with him as early as possible. Registration at 9am. Hope FD and family will be coming to support the super~men! and i kinda miss her mum's nasi lemak and the sambal .. shiok!

Talking about nasi lemak.. hey FD! Thanks for buying the Nasi Lemak ,and Sukaimi for driving us to Funan.

As for me, I jogged from Tanjong to Siloso and back, i followed the train trail route. I think it's about 4 km but less than 5km. Went off earlier than TLR.. cos he will definately cut me somewhere.. and yes, he did.. on my way back from Siloso. Seeing him run.. wah like nothing like that! Foohyuuh (is that how u spell it,TLR?) !!

Last evening, I ran , started from home, ran around the park to Safra, took abt 15mins, stopped at Safra to see Kevin at the pool. Then, continued running from Safra out to main road, to NorthPoint and back to Safra. I took 20mins. Calculated the jogging route, estimated to be abt 5.5km in all. Rested awhile by the pool before joining Kevin.

Just read Carine's blog, she and her running friends frequent Yishun stadium and recently they ran from Yishun to Admiralty. Maybe, one day i might bump into her. And one day, I really have to try to run from home to NYP. Calculated using Street Directory, it is estimated to be about 7km. There's one thing I may and will hate about running that way up to NYP is the long stretch of Lentor Avenue.. it's like never ending. But still, I hope to try one day.

2 comments:

ViXen said...

hi shiken.. presentation on Friday!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah maybe will bump into you!:D Think I will run on the road at Yishun again some time this week.

~ Carine