the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

You are going to be missed badly..., Harry.


Yesterday, I received a sms from Kakak Kamaria.. telling me that she has arranged for her cat to be neutralised this Wednesday and requesting if she can take Harry this Sunday. Immediately, I felt so sad and actually cried in the lecture hall. I miss him already. Feeling terrible.. really cannot control myself...*sob* *sob*

I used to have a total of 6 cats. Their names are Tabbie, the mummy to Todd,Harry, Tinnie (adopted by Zanna),Kathy and Cookie (adopted by Serene,which passed away last year) and Allie, the stray-cat. Now 5 cats are living happily with me. We adopted Tabbie from one of the animal hospital 8yrs ago, and she ran away for a few days.But Kevin found her one morning, and caught her in the act and that was how we have that many cats. While Tabbie went missing, I picked up a stray kitten, and that's Allie, Kevin's favourite.
Zanna adopted Tinnie, 2 years ago. She felt that her female cat, Baby, needs a friend. Initally, I was afraid that both cats will fight when they were to meet eye to eye. And was afraid and sad for Tinnie. He had to cope and adjust to a different environment. It was sad to see him in the pet carrier, meowing or more like crying , as if he knew that we were going to leave him with someone else. But I thank god, both cats did not fight and got along very well from the begining. No problems at all. Baby really needed a friend, I guess.
Tinnie has always been the friendly and socialable male cat. He is the type that will sit on ur lap and purr and you will feel bad if u were to move away. He is so adorable and I am thankful to Zanna for keeping,caring and loving him. I miss him.

And now, as I write, Harry is lying next to the keyboard. I can't hold back my tears.. I am going to miss him real bad too. Harry is extra-ordinary. He will accompany me throughout the night, sitting beside me (and next to him, he has his brother, Todd), he then, would occasionally look up, meow and stretch out his paw to touch me, on my shoulder or face. That's how he calls out to us.
And I can never forget the way he massage on my tummy using his big paw while i lay down. While he's doing that, he's nose will get wet and the watery mucous will start to drip but he will try to lick it before it drip onto my tummy. He is such a unigue cat! He is going to his new home this Sunday night. My friend stays at Yishun and she welcomes me to visit Harry whenever I miss him. So sad..

Now.. who wants to adopt Kathy?

2 comments:

aqriz said...

Hmmm...cantik ur cats..I luv CATS. I used to have total 5 cats during my primary school days..my mum and now hubby tak kasi i adopt cats *Wahahh*

Nina Suria said...

cutenya ur cat CT, I used to have 3 cute kitty, n 1 3yr old persian cat named micky. Semua dah mati, kesian kan.. I missed micky alot.