the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Friday, September 10, 2004

I was walking home this morning, listening to Fool's Garden from my MD, and as usual will walk through the underpass and there's the blind man playing his keyboard and singing his usual songs. Well , well guess what? He sang Lemon Tree.. of cos he can't see I was smiling at him for playing the song from my fav band group of the week. Dropped a coin and continued with the song in the MD.

Yesterday's interview was ok. I was interviewed by 2 educators from NUH. They questioned why I change my 1st choice attachment from IMH to TTSH. Initially, I chose IMH as the patients are not chronically ill and not too dependent on the nurses for their basic cleanliness like bathing or changing diapers. It would be more on physical and mental therapy and not clinical. But of course, I could be wrong. That's where training is essential.

I decided on the change to TTSH instead, after the attachment I had early this week. I roughly know what is expected when I become the staff nurse, oversee at least 2 wards with 6 to 8 patients in each wards. Expected to work closely with the assistance nurses. Need to write report on patient's health progress and etc,etc.. It is going to be quite a load of responsibilties. Another reason is convenience.. travelling between NYP to TTSH for training.

I think anywhere is ok. The only problem would be its morning shift at 7.30am.

Well just have to wait. I should be informed in the next 2 weeks on my provisional offer to one on the hospitals. Laila got TTSH , Debbie- NUH and Ernest, IMH. Laila and Debbie was invited for another interview with SGH. TTSH actually called Debbie to choose TTSH over NUH, she now has a choice. As for me, I hope to go to TTSH , 2nd choice IMH and last would be NUH.

Meantime, I would like to go for language course, Mandarin. And, maybe look for part-time job.









No comments: