the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Run.. Forest .. Run....

Having terrible headache now! I think I didn't drink enough water after running 4km at Sentosa. Started at 0815hrs and finished the fun race approx. 0840mins. That's about 25mins. Well, didn't run all the way.. of course walk a little bit towards the end. Could have done better if not for my MD giving me problem and having to run with a waist pouch. About 7000 people took part in this year's 2004 Terry Fox Run. It did not seemed to be so crowded compared to JP Morgan-Chase 5.6km run at start-end at Esplanade in April this year,which had almost 6 thousand participants. Maybe it was due to 2 different race routes, 8km and 4km. Left the house at 6.15 am, took the NEL to Harbour Front Station. A special bus brought participants directly to the meeting point for the event. Reached there at 7.15am. The race started off at 8am for those running 8km then, followed by the 4km race at 8.15am. Kevin and I have sighned up for the Sheares' Bridge Run & Army half Marathon, which will be held on the 26.09.04. There are 5km, 12km and 21km to choose. We signed up for the 12km. Thinking of participating in the S'pore Marathon in Dec but need to pay about $40, have to think abt that. As for 2004 Terry Fox Run, I paid $25 but it was for a good cause- its a Marathon of Hope.. a donation to Terry Fox Foundation to find cure for cancer. Another interesting Fun run is the 10km S'pore - Johor 2nd Link Bridge Run. Its registration fees are $5 and $8 for non- competitive fun run and competitive respectively. Looks like I have to continue watch what I eat, drink a lot and run almost every day.

I hope I pass the medical examinations so that TTSH can proceed to register my application with Nanyang Polytechnic. Should be getting their letter anytime next week...

My headache still persist.. ahhh...i hope it's not migraine!


No comments: