the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Saturday, January 15, 2005

End of week 2 of yr2005

1st bio lab practical class... very exciting! Learnt what is osmosis and diffusion.
Looking at the reactions on 3 drops of blood after mixing isotonic,hypotonic and hypertonic solution into each drop. Actually, I don't really know how to use the microscope. I couldn't really see clearly.. always has this "black shadows" blocking my view. Then I realised that the black shadowy thingy was my long eye lashes. I placed my eyes too near to the lenses. Silly me!

The following day, i think it was Thursday, Kevin followed me to school and attended my Bio lecture, then he recce the campus on his own while I sat for another 1hr lecture. He seemed to be enjoying himself! Anyway.. very natural and understandable, if u know what i mean.

Thanks to J who volunteered to strip so that Michael, our lecturer and tutor, can show us where the pulse sites are. First time touch other man's body... hehehee. We were told to touch his hands and legs, to feel the parts where it felt warm and cold..,suddenly the class was quiet and there was a short pause...everyone was so shy to come forward, even the other guys didn't want to step up. How to become nurse like that! So, I started off first. But before that, I said to J, " Hi, J.. I am going to touch u.. ok?" and he replied, "ok". It was a bit awkward but I had to ask cos I don't know how he felt. Then, after that we were thought how to use the stethoscope. We all got the chance to to listen to the sound of our friend's stomach and lung. The following day, we learn how to measure weight and height and work out our BMI , and also counting our pulse. I'm 163cm, weigh 53kg, therefore my BMI is 21. My pulse is 106 beats per min. So what does it tell me?

Took Luqman to MR to show him the 10km route, he'll be participating tomorrow~ AGT Swift Run. Thank God, Kevin was with us that day. Actually on that day, he was supposed to have an appointment with TLR to be somewhere else to discuss abt the Tsunami run stuff, but it was cancelled. We started too late and had to walk our way through the "jungle" in the dark. Thank God... Kevin's handphone equipped with a torch light. It was really very dark and eerie.... . The trail seemed endless...

Abt the Tsunami ~ Running for Help... pls visit TLR's blog. Kevin and I will be there to support him and hope that all who know him and those who has read and heard about his run to raise funds for the Tsunami victims ... Come on down to East Coast from 9pm onward on the 21 to 22 Jan,9pm .. bring ur running shoes and $$$.

Go! TLR, Go! We will be running behind u!

And all the best to Kevin, Luqman, Pear and of course, TLR, for tomorrow's 10km A.G.T Swift Northern Route Challenge at MacRitchie.

I want to run.... but better not. But then, again see how ...



No comments: