the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Saturday, January 01, 2005

My Life in Yr 2004 - Flashback

I don't remember setting any goals or resolution for yr 2004. But I have done things which I don't believe that I can do, like running long distance in the Ultra Marathon. That was something which I can never forget and some say it was the great way to end the year. Started the running fever in April, when Kevin and I participated the JP Morgan-Chase Corporate Challenge. Eversince then, jogged whenever I can. Even during fasting month. Never done that in my entire life. Took every chance to participate in any race there was, like, Terry Fox Run@ Sentosa, Sheares Bridge Run, the New Paper Big Walk and Mizuno Waverun. The Unforgetable one will definately be the MR 25 Ultra Marathon!

Went to 2 concerts in YR 2004, they were Linkin' Park @ the Padang , and Hoobastank @ Sentosa with some good friends. And lately, JiuJian Live @ Esplanade Studio with Kevin's family, aunts & uncles.

Happy Family moments would be seeing both my sis-in-laws , Christine & Serene got married this year.

Didn't travel much in 2004 due to the terrorist unrest everywhere in the world. But we did took a break, went to Laguna Resorts at Redang Island with Kevin's good colleagues in May. In October, I went to Bangkok for a Union Retreat with SingTel/SingPost Union officials.

Unforgetable events shared with friends were going to the Moscow Circus, watching the fireworks from the top of the Clifford Pier Building, a few surprises on my birthday, got ticket to National Stadium for NDP ,trekking from Mac Ritchie to Bt Timah. Also, not forgetting the Midnight Cycling from West to East Coast.

Met up with old secondary school friends and we tend to keep intouch. Still waiting when the Gathering going to be!

I completed my Basic Chinese course . Here, I'm happy to have met a few international friends.

Sad stuff includes :
-Leaving my good friends at SingTel in August,
-My sis losing her sight due to post- operation which she underwent 2yrs ago,
- My dad not well eversince he retired,
- Lost our family cat, Cookie in October.
- My good ex-colleague, Irene is down with cancer.

The worst ever tregedy so close in Asia is the Tsunami Disaster on 26 Dec 2004. It tells me that anything can happen anywhere at anytime without warning! And makes me wonder what would be the best thing to do if we are in such a devastating situation...

Oh yeah... thanks to Bloggers! Meeting up & knowing some good people like Fd and Sukaimi.. Phillip & Pear.

Now 2004 over , I welcome 2005 & set some goals, I hope to achieve:

1- to be one of the better student in Nursing!
2- to run 5km in less than 30mins
3- to run the full Singapore Marathon in less than 5 hrs
4- to run the UltraMarathon again with hopes of doing it at least 6laps.

And last but not least, to be a better person and a good wife to Kevin.





1 comment:

Fd said...

nice knowing u n bro kev too!! more happy times together ahead insya-Allah, ameen!!