the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Do as what he says " Whack Aje-lah!"

I am going to do just that when the day comes for me to run the MR 25- UltraMarathon on the 26.12.04. Starting time at 7am to 7pm. I am going to run, walk ,roll.. whatever it takes to see how far I can run and test my endurance.. like real seh!

The last time I dragged my feet to run seriously was last week for abt 5km around my neighbourhood.Today's fun-no-stress run was about less than 3km at MR (MacRitchie for short) running on the wooden broadwalk of Jering Trail and Chemparai Trail to and fro.
Wanted to recce the route for the MR25 UltraRun, but TLR mentioned it was the same route we trekked yesterday only diff was returning to MR startpoint via Golf Link after the Sime Track. Yesterday, after Sime Track, we headed up towards Rifle Range Link that led us to Bt Timah Nature Reserve Park. Just got the map from him to familiarise the route mentally. The route we'll be taking will be route 4 covers 11km. This morning, met up with him at MR. Should have joined him.Check out his adventure.

I hope to pace constantly from the very begining. Taking into consideration of my funny bone which will give me problem, I am going to try to enjoy the run, go slow and careful running on the uneven ground. Let's hope that the weather will be kind.. It's ok to drizzle but not heavy rain. It's not that I hate getting wet. I love playing in the rain. Just afraid that I might fall if the ground gets wet then, muddy.. ah my white shoe will turn to brown!

That reminds me to bring extra shoe and clothings. Have to think about this later towards the end of the week. hmmmmm...

Returning from the trekking adventure yesterday, we drove to Lower Pierce Reservoir (LPR)to see monkeys! There were at least 3 cars parked along that stretch of road, to see and feed the monkeys. We, too , stopped to watch the family of monkeys.. soo cute...!
Kevin was caught unaware when an old monkey jumped up to reach for his hand,to take away the dried orange skin. We were shocked. We didn't see that monkey anywhere near our car! Quickly we wind up the window and drove off.

And this morning, while running on the broadwalk, 2 small monkeys grooming an older monkey in the middle of the walkway. Read more with pic, click here.

See more monkeys again on our way to MacD riding through the LPR. After MacD, I check out the Reebok x-training shoe at RHS- not nice. The Montrail shoe, I saw at Bt Timah Nature Reserve Park, is nicer. I tried the NB900 women's running shoe too. Don't know which to get cos both are good shit! Then TLR recommended Salomon or Vasque shoes. Umppphh.. a very difficult choice. Will get Kevin to read reviews, cos' the ultimate decision lies on him.

2 comments:

The Lonely Runner said...

Hehe. Whack ajer lah??? Try as much as you can sis. If you think you feel bored, you can stop anytime you want. No one will presure you.

I treat this run to check out my level of fitness and endurance. And not forgetting mental. It's more of personal achievement for me. I will run as much as I can and definitely I will stop if I really cannot take it. We know our ownselves.

Take care and See you in the ultra sis! :)

ViXen said...

Hahaha... I will "just do it". I have called Luqman to join me and another cousin, Fatima. But they have to ask parents' consent. So not confirm yet.