the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Sunday, December 12, 2004

I want a Mountain Bike!

Returned this morning at about 8am. Knocked out from 8.30 am till 6pm. Sleeping for 2 nights.Now I know how it felt like working night shift. I thought today's still Saturday.






Thanks again to FD for carrying and bringing my barang-barang there. I reached West Coast Park @ 1240hrs. TLR was there too. Grabbed my stuff and changed. All set and excited to cycle. Waited and waited. Test run. Played around with the gears on the right handle, making myself used to it. Lift up the seat higher. Waited again. Finally left WCP @ 0030hrs. About the night cycling, I enjoyed it. Cycle slowly in a single line. There were about 120 participants.




The youngest participant I know was 8yr old girl, Nadia. She's so cool, no complaints at all. She must be enjoying herself and an experience she'll never forget.

We reached Labrador Park @ 0130hrs, rest for 1Hr while the kids were having some games. The lane towards the Park was very dark. No street lights at all. Quite dangerous. We had to cycle out using that same lane and I didn't feel save. Our neon light stick did not glow and our bikes didn't have any safety lights. Cycling along Keppel was not safe either. Even though there weren't many cars, but there were quite a number of huge container trucks on the road. And since the road was empty, motorist tends to drive at high speed. So we were constantly reminded to cycle in a single line. Some of the kids happily cycling in two's or three's. The road marshall had difficulties with these kids. I wasn't paying attention to myself, I fell when I hit the side kerb while eavesdropping on them grumbling about the stubborn kids. I had a good laugh to myself. Luckily Fd was quite a distance behind me, or else she will fall too. Reached Marina Promenade - 3rd stop at 0230hr . Rested and game time for another 1hr. 4th stop at Indoor Kallang Stadium @ 0430hr, rest for 1hr. We started to feel the ache and cramps on our legs. FD took out her KOYOK roll and mine, the Muscle Rub. I applied on the boney joints on my left foot. It was a bit sore. The route from Marina and all the way to East Coast was pretty safe. Cycled in and out of parks, that is , along the Marina Park, Kallang Park and the East Coast Park. The only think I don't like was getting on & off the bike to push it each time we we crossed bridges and at one point, the underground passage to East Coast Park, where we had to carry the heavy bike down and up the stairs. I had the marshalls to help me. I got no strength for that. Once hit East Coast Park, I cycled fast,overtook all the girls and I ended up cycling with the guys. Cycling in the rain and listening to my mp3.

An enjoyable experience. I am so glad I joined FD in this event. And Kevin being very supportive allowing me to participate in such an event while he's at home watching soccer. I want to do this again. Not with these group of people, but with Kevin, and also, FD and TLR too! Opps.. and Wendy too , if we are in Malaysia, that is. But first, I want a mountain bike!


Songs in my mp3 compiled by my dearest one to accompany me for this event, perfect for cycling at night.

Aerosmith - Dream on
Amy Grant - I will remember You
Cake - Never There
Bonfire - Fight for Love
The Cars - Drive
The Cars - I'm not the One
Cinderalla - Gypsy
Everything but that Girl - I Don't want to talk about it
Saraya- Timeless Love
Andrew Lloyde - I don't know how to Love him
Chris Isaac - Wicked Game
Maria McKee- Show me Heaven
Holly Cole Trio- I can see clearly now
Journey- Open arms
Norah Jones - Don't know why
Rebecca Pidgeon- Spanish Harlem
Robbie Williams- Better man
Robbie Williams- She's the One
Dan Forgelberg - Leader of the Band
XYZ - When I find Love
Cinderalla - Coming Home
Maurea McGovern- Can you read my mind
Emma Shaplin - Spante leStella
Lacuna Coil - Heaven's a Lie
Survivor - Somewhere in America
XYZ - Follow the night


4 comments:

veola said...

shiok right.... bicycle need to wait for bonus la...if have.

meanwhile, u can check with punkgrrl whether her spare bike can lend u or not la...

ViXen said...

can can... sekali beli.. expensive one then, lose interest, then neber use.. rugi hor!
will check with punkgrrl...so u letting me cycle on the road oredi ah ... lappppp u soo belly much!

Fd said...

wei wei.. fd hor not FD. wahahaah..
im glad u enjoyed it. kalau tak then i'll feel bad. anyway, i had lotsa fun too.. all thx to u. without ur presence i think i would b sour the whole way. ehhehe. thx ya sis for coming along..n of course thx to bro kev too for allowing AND supporting sis ct to join me! thank u all!! thank u to tlr also (will speak more abt this in my blog!)..

cya guys soon..soon?? ehehhe

Anonymous said...

Hi there, when you get your bike, never cycle without lights - minimum one front white light and a rear red light, both of which should blink.

Else you are near invisible at night, even with bright clothes. And mp3 in your ears is actually another safety hazard lah. Sad but true, else I'd listen as I ride too!

When choosing a mountain bike, check this out: http://tinyurl.com/6wc4u

Cheerio!

Otterman