the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Friday, December 17, 2004

Yeah, finally.. the Mizuno WaveRun 2004 Race Certificate is ready! Can't wait to collect it on 20th Dec at WOS,Toa Payoh Outlet. Anxious to see which pic they'd choosen out of the 7 photos snapped.





Last night's Basic Mandarin class was fun. We took class photo but not all were present. One of them, Karthik, wo de hao pengyou, will be going back to India, next Tuesday, to spend Christmas with his family.We are left with 2 more classes. So we won't be seeing Karthik after yesterday's class. E'one is thinking of advancing to the Intermediate class right after this ends, but I don't think I want to. So last night a few of us went for supper and talk,talk,talk... at Pastamania,Funan.



Made new friends, Stanley (student fr intermediate class) and Poonam, a staff fr Cambridge. She did most of the talking , sharing her backpack experience in Europe in yr 2002. She was in Poland for abt 6mths to teach English and backpacked around Europe abt 3mths.. all by herself. An interesting and brave young girl, and pretty too. And, she speaks mandarin, french , malay except her own mother tongue, Hindi.

My ugly protuding bone on the inner-side of my left foot is hurting me each time I fully rested my foot down. Yesterday, walked a bit limping. Kev said that I have overworked myself. I have been going for aerobic sessions almost every day cos I have to finish the balance 7 sessions by year end. Yesterday's Kardio Sculpt's was terrible. The instructress was shouting all the way, confusing us with the steps and the music was too loud. Not only I had to bear this pain, my head is spining too. Can feel my head goes like tHumB, thUmb, thUmb! Headache.Crazy lah this instructress! After the session, popped 2 tab of panadol, sat at nearby Deli and continued reading this book I took from Kevin, Notes from a Friend by Anthony Robbins. This book is telling me that that "No problem is permanent" , "positive thinking is not enough", " I have power inside me" and " to abandon any sense of that there is no solution" ... still reading...

Another book recently read was"Fish!" ,author Stephen C. Lundin, talks about choosing the kind of attitude we want to bring to our work place, to make it a fun place to work, that is, knowing how to play at work. Can still be serious abt work & still have fun with the way we work, letting things flow, not to be too uptight and doing in all in a respectful manner, having great friends and having pride in what we do and the way we do it.... and there's more to it. Not necessarily to be applied at workplace, it is basically abt changing your current dull and boring self or environment to a lively, full of energy.. sort of thing.

Tomorrow's the day ... Trekking at MacRitchie with Kevin,Sukaimi and Fd! Hope my left foot don't give me problems. Got to get the things ready for the excursion...... hmmm.. let's see..

List of things to carry along:
1- first aid kit
2- poncho
3-water
4-snack bars/ chocolate bars
5-digicam
6-mobilephone

Wanna join us?
If interested, please contact The Lonely Runner.






1 comment:

ViXen said...

Hi Karthik!

This is my first time hiking la.. Will update u if we organise anything ..and u must join us, k.

Selamat Jalan (Safe Journey ~ in malay)