the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Friday, December 24, 2004

Test my new New Balance.

I better test my shoe. So this morning jogged from home to the Yishun Park. The park has up and down slopes and it does test my endurance to run up the slope. So how did it feels? A bit tight at the front portion of my feet. While running on grass, it felt like almost running on flat ground. Good cushioning, compact and light. Right after that, we cooled down at Yishun Safra.

I have decided what to bring, attire - whatever that is necessary only and
as for food - I wish for Mac D's cheese burger, potato chips, nice-nice drink for lunch & maybe ice-cream as my desert.. but realistically, I think I'll just be eating cereal bar, drink nice-nice drink, chocolates... & whatever that are "powderful". Will definately be running and eating at the same time, so i need snack bars which I can hold while running. Thought of bringing some sour plums (seng-bui) too. Will bring a bunch of banana, not for the cute monkeys but to share it with other runners. Right after I'm done with this, I'm off to the supermarket to get the food stuff.

Woah... wait a minute.. it looks more like I'm preparing to go for Sunday picnic by the park..

As for extra clothings- Extra shoe, 2pc of T-shirt ,1 pair of shorts and slippers.

And Not forgetting .. toileteries and etc-etc too..

6 comments:

Nina Suria said...

Ur asthmatic right..? I wonder how u got a such stamina to run. Any tips?

The Lonely Runner said...

If I am not wrong, running is a good way to improve asthmathic condition. And any other forms of aerobic exercise, which concerntrate on breathing will help to improve asthmathic condition, for example, aerobic, swimming, cycling. And definitely need to bring the inhaler just for prevention.

ViXen said...

You said it right brother! Regular exercise helps..and also eating right.

Fd said...

GUESS WAT!!! i was asthmatic too when i was younger! then i was active in running n badminton (during pri sch). became a sch runner. i also enjoy long distant x-ctry(sec sch time). (all this was last time lah) heheh.. ok ok.. wat i wanted to say was.. i no longer hav asthma now!! alhamdulillah (thank God)!
sooo heee.. keep on exercising ok!

Fd said...

actually i know of some good runners who are asthmatic. those in my track n field club (in sch last time) were mostly asthmatic. so do not give up on exercising. yet do not over-exert urself also. take it slow. pace urself. if cannot tahan then stop. breathing must be constant n periodic (is that the word to use?).
cheydeybah.. i talk like pro oni ah! *der was once a time......i was a pro-tak-jadi! ehhehe..

ViXen said...

If I over do things like carry heavy stuff.. only then I can feel it (asthma) coming. Other than that.. i don't get any attack at all. Well maybe,last time while still working full time.. i'm a bit stress by the way things were at work, it's ridiculous working hrs.. stress me out and therefore, I frequent the clinic for asthma treatment. I'm taking my inhaler everymorning and night. If I don't do so, I will feel short of breath in the middle of night.