the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Friday, December 10, 2004

NIGHT CYCLING ' RODA-RODA MALAM COAST TO COAST'

YAYASAN MENDAKI-SAFF PERDAUS
11-12 DECEMBER 2004
NIGHT CYCLING ' RODA-RODA MALAM COAST TO COAST'


Our Youth Policy Unit is organizing a nite cycling expedition for our
youths on 11 & 12 December 2004. If you are between 13 to 24 years
old and are interested to join the expedition, kindly revert to me by
Tuesday, 7 December 2004 together with your contact number.
Following are the details:

DAY 1
11 December 04, Saturday
8.30pm - Registration at pickup point (Eunos & Jurong East MRT station)
8.45pm - Departure from checkpoints to West Coast Park
10.00pm - Arrival at West Coast Park assembly area
10.30pm - Welcoming Address by SAFF & YPU
11.10pm - Test run for girls
11.25pm - Test run for boys
11.45pm - Exchange of faulty bikes with logistics

DAY 2
12 December 04, Sunday
12.00am - Flag Off
1.00am - Arrival at Labrador Park
1.20am Wash/toilet breaks, rest and refreshments/ checking equipment
2.00am - Departure from Labrador Park to East Coast Park
(Routes taken - Telok Blangah Road, Keppel Road,Anson Road, Robinson
Road,Collyer Quay, Esplanade Drive, Beach Road,Crawford St, Kallang
Road, Lorong 1 Geylang, Mountbatten Road, Fort Road, East Coast Park
-about 10km;
5.00am - Arrival at East Coast Park
5.05am - Wash/toilet breaks, rest and refreshments/ Subuh prayers & Tazkirah
6.30am - Breakfast
7.30am - Return bicycles
7.45am - Photo taking
8.15am - Wrap up by both SAFF & Mendaki
9.00am - Departure from East Coast Park to pickup points ( Eunos &
Jurong East MRT stations)



There's this mysterous girl,Fid, who leaves messages in my tagboard asking whether I'm interested to take part on the above event a few days back. I have agreed to it even though on that same night I have to accompany a friend to her company D & D. I am not required to be present for registration. Check out the qualifying age. I don't know what category I belong to. Advised by Fid, I just report at West Coast Park by 11pm. She will arrange everything for me. All I do is to be there, take the bicycle, get ready to go. This will be my very first time cycling at night and doing it without Kevin. Thank you for being very supportive,darling.

The last time I cycled was early this year at Sentosa. I used to have a bicycle with a basket infront and a cute purple bell. That was very long time ago, about 10 years ago, bought it at Big John along Sembawang, with Kevin. That was the first time, I cycled on the road from the shop to Yishun, to bring it home. If I'm not wrong, that was the only one time and never cycle on road after that.

I don't know whether I can cycle long distance. Fid said that we will be guided, and no one will be left behind. So I guess this part I need not worry too much. What's on my mind (and Fid's too) is attire. Don't know whether need to wear protection gears, like helmet, knee cap,etc.. Kevin actually suggested that I put on my roller blade's protection gear. So how?

I do not have anything bright or striking to wear. I have lots of aerobics tights but I think I will feel warm in it, plus itchy and sticky. Thought of wearing lose jeans. 3/4 pants is a no-no. In the end, these are what I have decided.









Will be wearing my favourite 100% polyerster Reebok T-shirt, Brooks' gym long pants and Adidas shoe.
And we just bought new thing today, a High Sierra- Wet Hydration Pack, holds 2 Liters of water. One each. The other one is in red. Blue will matched my pants. But then, the red one will go with my red shoe. Don't want to look striking, so i decided to go for blue. The bag has compartments that will carry my mobilephone, towel, slipper and some other small important things. The only thing that's striking would be the Slazenger Cap.

Now waiting for the day only. My weak point on cycling :" I can only turn right, cannot turn left, or vice versa".With no training what-so-ever, I just hope that I don't injure myself.



5 comments:

Fd said...

*felt like i was reading one of tlr's entry* ehhhehe..

hey! y mysterious?! u can say 'ghostly' fd instead!

wow sis, u'v finally decided wat to wear. i think the pants is appropriate. vunderful! vat abt me? hehehe.. as usual, later then say lah!

cant wait to see ya! heh! tak pernah2 i tido awal. n yesterday i did after much tossing n turning.. *sigh* doing this cos im meeting a mysterious lady.

Wendy said...

"If you are between 13 to 24 years..."

dun wear lose lose pants after tersangkut then susah...wear tight one, nampak sexy sket :P

i suggest u and kev and sukaimi make a trip to ipoh, i bring u all go hiking...

The Lonely Runner said...

That will be nice. Go to ipoh and hiking. Too bad Fd cannot join. If only Fd is married than she could join us! Right Fd ;)

ViXen said...

Hey Fid.. tak boleh tidur pasal tak sabar nak shopping tu.. bukan kerana nak jumpa mysterious lady.You have seen me on the web cam. What u've seen is the same as seeing live, right? Where got mysterious? Nice to have met you, yr mum,cute newphew and niece.. this morning.Thanks for carrying home the heavy bag..

ViXen said...

Wendy, not only hiking.. bring us to do water rafting too! Must see next yr calendar.. for holidays .. yahoo!

Sukaimi, don't worry about Fid.. she can come one, once me and Kev get to know her family well... hehehehe..