the clock strikes midnight... as the dream slips through your head... this is no dress rehearsal... there is no second chance...

Monday, December 20, 2004

Mizuno Waverun Race Certificate

Received email for collection for the race cert from tdy onwards at W.O.S at Toa Payoh outlet. It was such a drag to go out tdy if not because of this. The weather was scorching hot..looking so tired and dressed so anyhow, went to Toa Payoh. But it turned out to be a great disappointment.

Before me, there was this veteren, collected a few certs on someone else's behalf.. written on the cert, his name is Mr Ee Ah Seng. Looked at him and he seemed so not pleased with the the cert. He kept looking at his cert and complaining to the counter girl. I said hi and scrutinised the cert.. Sigh!... Got pic alright, but there's no time stamped on it! Not professional at all, he said. Got to know him a little bit and he claimed in other country's race cert has time stated on it. Btw, he just came back from Hatyai this morning. He was there for a running competition. Didn't get to find out more cos' I was anxious to see mine. But before he left, he told me that he will be at the MR25 UltraM. He also offered me to join him and his group for Sunday runs at Sembawang. He didn't give me this contact. So I hope to see him this sunday. Btw, he finishes the Mizuno 10km at abt 45min.

I can't remember our tag numbers, so have to read through the name list. First, I looked for Luqman's and bingo, got it!. I remembered in TLR's blog, he ever commented that some organisers screw up on the name written on the cert or something like that...So I opened up Luqman's big envelope to check. Sigh! His full name is spelt wrongly!

My turn... went through the name list under Womens' Open category. Not so long list, only 4 pages. First round, couldn't see my name. Then Mr Ee helped to find using a ruler..one by one, down the lines.. still no sign of my name. I gave a bigger sigh! and shook my head. WahLiau! I don't believe it.. I got 7 snapshots in that sportsphoto website. How can they missed me?!!

Cannot tahan.. so called TLR to complaint!

Before I proceed to complaint about it and also about not having the time printed, I better read the registration form. The header states:
"PERSONALIZED RACE CERTIFICATE"
All participants who have completed their race will receive an exclusive Mizuno Wave Run Certificate with their pictures. However, please ensure that Number Tags are prominently secured to your t-shirt to facilitate easy recognition of participants.

That's all.. nothing is said about recorded time to printed as well. Now , I really wonder.... How come I have the impression that there will be time printed?

But really.. disappointed. By the way, the certificate looks more like a poster. Ugly layout. I also can do myself.. even better,huh.

1 comment:

ViXen said...

Hello Isk, thank you for dropping by. Will try to get the infos if I come across any. But ur age and mine are not much difference what... only thing i feel before starting a new sport, is to check ur health.